About a month ago, Warren and I went to Santa Fe, New Mexico for a business trip. I LOVED THIS CITY. It was beautiful and it felt like a completely different country. I know that sounds strange, but downtown Santa Fe felt like a little Europe. There was a plaza, churches, and the architecture was as Nicole would say, "Awesome!!"
The Stain Glass windows were beautiful.
This was one of my favorite attractions - the winding staircase without a railing. The story goes something like this:
The nuns were scared to climb the ladder going up to the choir loft and so they prayed to a certain Saint to help them. Shortly after the prayer, a carpenter showed up and built this winding staircase. He worked on it for a couple of months and than left, and was never seen again. The construction of this was amazing!!!
The nuns eventually built a railing because they were nervous going up the stairs without something to hold on to.
Warren has always wanted to check out Navajo Lake. Here it is...I wouldn't be surprised if we make a trip down here next summer.

4 comments:
Looks like a great trip. I am glad you got away.
Beautiful! I think you are right...that would make a good girls weekend Ü. Lots and lots of jewelery and yummy desserts...what else do we need? Lets do it!
I really think that sounds like a girls road trip....Fun, Fun, Fun!!
If you go down to NM again you'll have to come visit us in Albuquerque!
Post a Comment