Life has been crazy the past month. We have been sick, dealing with a nasty staph infection, and stuck at home with the 1st snow storm of the season.
STAPH INFECTION:
Sometime in August, Kaylee started complaining about a sore foot. I knew she had a splinter, but we got it out...I thought she was just sore from it being poked. She refused to walk on it and was crawling everywhere she went, even when we went to the park. We had our friend who is podiatrist look at her foot. After a sampling was taken, we discovered a staph infection. She was put on antibiotics and we kept an eye on her foot. After a couple of weeks, we had an MRI taken of her foot and found out the infection had gone to the bone. WHAT A PAIN!! I was scared out of my mind and thought the worst - would she lose her toe. We were referred to a Pediatric Infectious Control Doctor and given about 6 weeks worth of Antibiotics that were to be given every 8 hours (The meds were in a pill form, so we mixed it with a little lemonade. When we gave it to her in the middle of the night - it was HILARIOUS. Kaylee had such a hard time waking up and would make the funniest faces. It was also fun to brush her teeth after taking the medicine -).
Kaylee just finished her 6 weeks of meds, had another x-ray of her foot, and more blood taken. (By the way - she is a pro at getting her blood taken. She didn't scream or freak out. I WAS SO IMPRESSED)
Things look a lot better...We will have to keep an eye on it and cross our fingers that it doesn't come back. POOR THING...
This is how she spent a couple of weeks. I was so excited to find out Kaylee's school started 2 weeks later than usual and thought we could really have some fun, BUT this is what we spent our time doing - laying around, reading books, watching movies, etc.
P.S. Those roses were from her sweet little Daddy.

- This was after the first drainage -

We worked really hard to make her toes look cute because she was pretty embarrassed about her foot.
SNOW STORM:
A couple of weeks ago, we had our first snow storm and it was BAD. We didn't leave the house for about 3 days mainly because I am a wimp and hate driving in the snow. School was canceled for 2 days and delayed a couple of hours on another day. BY THE END OF THE WEEK, THE HOUSE WAS TRASHED. The girls and I spent our days in PJs, watching movies , building tents, moving all the toys from upstairs to the downstairs, and eating cereal.



-Taylor wanted her house "DARK" -

- Nicole wanted a door to her house -

- Kaylee made her house into an office -

- Can we have cereal again Mom? -
SWINE FLU:
Nicole woke up one morning complaining about a sore throat, but she felt better after breakfast. When I went to pick her up from school, she was dragging behind her class by about 20 feet. Her teacher brought her to me and said, "Nicole has not been herself today. She went to the nurse a couple of times, but her temperature was only 98.7." By the end of the day, her temperature had gone up to about 101. Her throat was pretty disgusting with sores, and she was exhausted. The next morning her temp had gone up to 103 and she looked awful, so we took her to the doctor. They took one look at her, did the lovely swipe of the nose - and sure enough, it was Swine Flu. The next day, Taylor was sick....and the next day, Kaylee was sick. By the weekend, I had it. IT WAS AWFUL!! The girls watched movies all day long (including fun classics like "Singin' in the Rain," "West Side Story," "Slipper and the Rose," and "Scooby Doo.") I spent some of my sick days on the computer with headphones watching "Friends" reruns.
- When Mom is sick, everything falls apart. I was so grateful for wonderful friends who helped out, sweet little Kaylee for playing with her younger sisters, and YouTube "Friends" bloopers. -

- Nicole was sick the longest...she slept for about 2 days -

- Kaylee was bad for 1 day, sleeping the majority of the time -

Taylor was probably the worst - her temp got to 104 and her stomach was pretty sore.
By the end of the swine flu household epidemic and snow storm, I felt so TIRED and was SICK of the TV. It took us awhile to get back into our normal routine (Taylor wanted to watch TV constantly). So after all the craziness, we had to go on a little TV fast and I finally went grocery shopping.
8 comments:
Ok, it's really not funny, but it's kind of funny!! I'm so glad you guys are over all of the bugs...and I'm glad you are able to be out-and-about. I haven't told you but I'm so glad you are going to be there with Sam. She is really looking forward to being in YW and I'm glad one of my good friends will be there to experience it with her. Thanks for serving my girl and the other little beehives!!
I am so glad you are over with the sickness at your house. It probably feels better to be back to your normal again. We had last winter where we had some sort of sickness for seven weeks straight! I was so tired of it!
That is just miserable! I hope you all can stay healthy the rest of the winter.
Yikes, by the rule of 3's you should be all set for a while. What yuck stuff to deal with. I am glad it is all over!!
Oh man, Kaylee's foot looks so sore! I sure hope it is all better soon. And Swine Flu! We all had it here. It is HORRIBLE! I was in bed for 7 days and sick for 10. I wish I had known, I would have brought dinner over or something. I sure hope you are all on the mend. Take care!
Kim! That sounds SO miserable! But hey, bad things happen in threes, so you should be okay for a while. ;o) After all of that, grocery shopping probably felt like a vacation instead of a chore!
Glad you're all better now.
Oh my gosh! Bless everyone's hearts! So glad that y'all are all feeling better. And I hear you on driving in the snow. We have yet to get snow here but I am so dreading it. Maybe it's the growing up in TX that does it to us...?
WOW, that is a lot of craziness in your house!!!! I hope you have a good movie collection! Glad the staff and sickness are all better.
Post a Comment