Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nicole's last days as a Preschooler



This morning I woke up feeling very strange as I lay in my bed listening to the birds and wondering if they were eating my vegetable seeds out of the ground. It sounded like summer. I didn't quite want to get out of bed because I was having one of those mornings where I was feeling very nastaligic. I had mixed emotions of happiness and sadness. It was my Nicole's last day of preschool and in Kim fashion, I was excited for her, but feeling very SAD and asking myself,...

"WHERE DID THE TIME GO?"

Nicole by her cubby at school. This is where she would go right when you walked into your classroom.

I probably layed in my bed for 30 minutes reflecting on the past year and thinking about Nicole. She has learned to write her name, the names and sounds of the alphabet, how to sit still during circle time and listen, but more importantly - a love of school and how to make friends. I always had this anxious feeling about Nicole making friends because little kids have a hard time understanding her and she can come across as "aggresive." As a parent, you never want to see your child left out and deep down I had this fear - BUT she has made great friends who love her tight hugs and silly ways... And they understand her because they genuinely like her. Nicole cares for them...ALOT. So I want to thank her wonderful teachers who taught her the school basics, but more importantly they taught her to LOVE SCHOOL and CARE FOR HER PEERS.

Miss Megan: Miss Megan loves your sweet ways and shy little smile. She was so HAPPY when you would listen and
particpate in circle time.

Miss Heather - Miss Heather was so patient with you and loved to hear your stories. She MADE you talk andsing. She loved to hear you sing.

Aubrie and Brianna - Your 2 best friends in class. Everyday you had a story to share about these sweet girls. You would play baby, house, dogs, etc. SO FUN!!


As I was leaving the school, I had little tears in my eyes watching Nicole say goodbye to her teachers and friends. I kept thinking this is the last time Nicole will walk in these doors, hang up her Dora backback in her cubby, and talk to the "Nemos" in the fishtank. Nicole was actually pretty sad on the way home. She had also realized what was going on - BUT, heres to summer and NEXT YEAR....KINDERGARTEN HERE WE COME!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a SWEET post about her! she is SO big :)

maynardmoments said...

Oh man, she is seriously so adorable!

lori parkhurst said...

She really is adorable. I think she will do great in kindergarten! I had some of those same feelings this week as Oakley finishes preschool too.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

your girls are so adorable. i get pretty emotional, too at the end of school, too.