When Kaylee came home from school, Nicole and I surprised her with a banner, confetti, and her favorite after school snack - Puppy Chow (her recipe) and Blueberry Muffins.
Miss Kaylee finished 1st grade yesterday. YAY...No more crazy mornings running around trying to get ready. Kaylee has excelled this year and made great friends. Her favorite activities and learning experiences this past year were: The Lewis and Clark Expedition, Pocahontas, Ancient Egypt, Outer Space, and making Habitats.
A couple of weeks ago she said, "Mom. These are going to be the best 2 weeks ever!" She was so excited about the end of school activities at school and spending time with friends.

Next year, Kaylee will be at a new campus and will no longer be an "EXTRA" at another school's campus.

Kaylee loved Mrs. Hawkes and I know Mrs. Hawkes LOVED Kaylee. Kaylee's 1st grade class was alittle, shall we say...
CHALLENGING. There were some rowdy kiddos in the class and I know Mrs. Hawkes was so grateful for those children that were obedient and listened.

It is always interesting to see an empty hallway at school's end. How quiet they can be...Next year will be an exciting transition for Kaylee with her brand new campus. She was pretty sad and emotional with school ending, BUT we are now looking forward to summer adventures and time spent together.
4 comments:
Time really does fly! I can still remember your wedding dinner!! Now 10 years later, and 1 2nd grade later, we really are "growing up!"
You are amazing. Seriously. You are doing such great things for your kids. Kaylee said to me, "I better not come to your house and play because I think my mom might have a surprise for me." Ashley would know there was no surprise. I'm working on that one!! Learning from you.
Man, we still have three weeks left! I love the beginning and end of school. But it is always a shocker to me to think about them in one grade higher. What big kids. So adorable!
Yay For Kaylee! I am so glad she is out for the summer and did so well in first grade! Now on to second grade after a funfilled summer! We love you Kaylee! Great job
Post a Comment