Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall Traditions!!

Every year, we go and collect fall leaves. We than pick our favorites, iron them on wax paper, and hang them up. The colors are beautiful and the girls like making various designs.




We also love to go on rides in the moutains. Last weekend, we went on a mountain drive and the mountains looked like they were on fire. The aspens were orange. It was beautiful. Unfortuntely, I forgot my camera but Warren went on a motorcycle ride the same weekend and here is a picture from his ride. AMAZING!!!

12 comments:

The Titmi said...

I envy your fall but not your winter:)

Marianne said...

So pretty! Your ironed leaves are great...we'll have to try that at our house.

Sue said...

Wow, that is beautiful. And the leaf thing looks like a fun project. Do they last in there?

Robin said...

How did you find time to blog the night before your BIG TRIP!?

Liz said...

I love the leaf idea! My kids would get a kick out of that. Do you use two sheets of wax paper? and iron them in the middle?

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful!!!! gatta love Colorado :)

Emma Jo said...

I love fall!!! and I love your leaf project, we will have to do that, the girls will love it. When we drive down the road they like to yell out "fire tree" every time we pass an especially colorful one.

Berly said...

i do use 2 sheets of wax paper and by the way, i am having an awesome time

Abby said...

Words cannot express how much I love fall and MISS it here in the dessert! Thanks for the pics, so I could get a glimpse at least!

Thunell Family said...

Oh, fall! (sigh!) It looks so beautiful where you are, and unfortunately, as beautiful as California is, they are certainly lacking the fall leaves (the palm fronds just don't cut it!). Your girls are soo cute...I love the little leaf project--so clever!

maynardmoments said...

Fall is so much fun! I love your ironed leaves idea. Hey...we need your email address...asap! Call me sometime. Hope you had fun in Italy..I loved the pictures!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow that, IS amazing colors! doesn't happen here:( love what you did with the kids! do you keep past years?