Monday, September 22, 2008

Toothless Grin

Kaylee has had a loose tooth for a couple of weeks and every meal has been extremely dramatic. "My tooth really hurts," "I can't eat. It hurts my tooth," "Mom, there is blood!!!" So, Warren told her it would stop hurting if we just pulled it out. Kaylee decided that made alot of sense, so our kitchen counter became a dental chair.

Kaylee was so brave!! She off course needed "Piggy" to help, so Nicole (being the sweetest little girl in the world) ran upstairs to get it for her.

Warren kept trying to distract Kaylee by asking her questions, but you can clearly see the fear in her eyes.

It only took a few seconds, but she screamed!!!

Here is the little tooth and when it was all over, she was soooooo excited about the "Tooth Fairy." She probably cleaned that tooth 10 times during the day to get it ready.

I just love their toothless grins!! The one right next to it is also loose, but we will see if she lets Dad do that again.

15 comments:

Sue said...

Tell Warren that I am amazed to see there were no rusty pliers. Dad always pulled out the rusty pliers to yank our teeth. I guess going to Dental School taught him better methods.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed Warren still remembers how to extract a tooth! Who knew orthodontists could do more than just bend wires? Just kidding. (I'm the one that works with Andy, in case you were wondering)

Marianne said...

I love your new smile, Kaylee! :o)

MaryAnn said...

I love it! I wish Kimmee's teeth would start falling out. All her friend's teeth are, and she is so jealous. :)

Anonymous said...

How sweet....in a mom sort of way! Congratulations sweetie - you're so brave :)

Robin said...

Hey, Ike has had surgery on that same kitchen island. It is so nice to have an orthodontist in the neighborhood.

lori parkhurst said...

You have reached another phase in your life. Now you have a child old enough to lose a tooth. It is so much fun!

lori parkhurst said...

Maybe Taylor and Aspen should get together. Maybe have a screaming match. Good luck with her. I am right there with you.

Tamzen Fleming said...

What an exciting day. She ran up to me at church on Sunday to show me her little gap. It's so cute how excited kids get when they loose a tooth!

Kristi said...

Very cute smile Kaylee! Maybe someday Jaxon will start losing his teeth...maybe before he's 10?? ha ha!Jaxon is jealous because Dallen actually has a semi-loose tooth and Jaxon's appear to be cemented in!!

Liz said...

Well, you can tell Warren that Adam threatens the kids that the tooth fairy won't come at all unless he gets to pull the tooth out. But at any rate, my boys don't work to polish the tooth for top dollar. That is very entrepreneurial of her :)!

John said...

Don't worry Kaylee, I cry too when your Dad messes with my teeth. Hopefully you'll loose all of yours before you're an adult.

Emma Jo said...

And who better to pull the tooth?! I love missing teeth (I think I like it way better than the big ones that grow in--so we've got to enjoy it while it lasts!)

Rachel said...

What a great milestone. What did the tooth fairy bring her? She has a beautiful smile!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

awww, she has the cutest little hole in her mouth, she is adorable!