
I am back!! My mind is a hundred places right now (constantly thinking about what time it is in Italy), but it feels great to be home. I was looking forward to seeing the girls faces when they saw me in the morning. Taylor would not let go, Nicole peeked around the corner when she heard my voice and gave me alittle shy smile. She than came running over to me and gave me a HUGE hug. She said, "You were on a trip. " (I guess she said that alot while I was gone.) Kaylee saw me and came running. She sat on my lap and started to cry. I than started to cry and said to Kaylee why are you crying. She said, "My eyes just water sometimes." Warren did such a great job and the girls had a blast with him. The house was even clean when I came home. I stayed in my pajamas all day long yesterday and it felt great!! The girls just climbed all over me all day and I kept smelling them. I know that sounds weird. But for 1 week, I smelled the lovely sewers in Italy, Italian BO, and other interesting stenches. I feel very bad for Jen who lent me her backpack because as I was unpacking, I realized I took the lovely smell with me to my home. I will try my hardest to get the smell out before I return it. My sister in law Sue (who by the way is awesome and I had a great time with her) summed it up like this, "When they have you mark the little boxes in customs...you know "are you bringing any weapons into the country?" (like any of the dudes who do would mark "yes") "did you bring in any produce or meat?" They should really ask "are you returning with any foreign smells?" They wouldn't have let me back in. Or, "are you returning with mold spores in your lungs from the hotel bed, sheets, air conditioner etc?" Then they wouldn't have let my Mom in. She got sick in Rome from the mold. She mentioned that it was harder for her to breath in our hotel and in the Metro. Upon closer examination, the Metro had mold stalactites (or is it stalagmites? Whichever one means mold growing from the ceiling in cave like formations). Mold was coming out of any opening it could find in the walls. Our hotel room had the same problem (minus the cave structures. I'm sure they wiped those away before we came in.) " The trip was awesome. I loved it and feel great. What an awesome experience. Stories to come and tons more pictures later. Here is a quick preview:

(This is for you Rachael. Here is your typical Italian man. You can't see that his shirt is unbuttoned about half way down with hair coming out, the cigarette in his right hand, and casanova way he was talking to this girl. I did take a picture of The David - and it is coming. It was amazing!!)


14 comments:
Wow! How fun! I'm looking forward to the whole story. I love Italy but I wasn't there as long as you were. I would love to go back. Love that squat toilet picture.
Glad you're back. Love the pictures.
Looks like a blast, Kim!
I can't wait for the full version.
:o)
What a fine Italian specimen. I want to grab his chest hair just to say I did it... Can't wait for the full run down. I may come over and just look at all the pics. I want the full version in person...
Glad you got home safe. I haven't mailed your package yet because I don't have your address anymore. Remember how my computer crashed?... yeah, lost everything. Would you shoot me an email with your address and I'll get that in the mail pronto!
Wow what an awesome trip! I want to hear more about it, who you went with, where'd you go, etc. I can't wait to hear more about it! I've never been to Italy and it definitely at the top of my list to go visit someday. Welcome home!
Lucky Girl!!
Looks amazing! Glad you had fun. And glad you're back!
Love the pics. Glad you had a great time. See you soon.
Oh! This looks wonderful! I can't wait for the next post.
fun! I can't wait to hear about it! Good for you for taking a trip...it is hard to leave the little ones behind, but recharging when you come back:) I'm sure you'll say who exactly you went with...your sis in law? I'll watch for it.
What a great way to get rejuvenated about life!
Oh, I can't wait to read all about it. Sounds like you had an awesome trip. Love the pictures so far...keep em' coming!
oh my gosh i am so jealous!! but you deserve it a ton!! I still need to hear more about Italy!
Post a Comment