Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Well, isn't she defiant"

Yesterday, was a fun day for me. Kaylee woke up excited about school and got ready really fast. I told her the day before, if she spent her time wisely instead of complaining she would have enough time to play a computer game before she had to leave for school. So, she decided to spend her time wisely and had 20 minutes to play. She was so excited. After the 20 minutes, we got in the car and drove to school. While in the car, Kaylee decided she was not going to go to school. She refused to get out of the car. There I was sitting in the car pool lane and the cars were waiting for me to go or driving around me. Ashley got out and just stood there staring at Kaylee. What do you do? I got out of the car, walked around, and pulled her out of the car. She was not very happy. I gave her a hug and said "have a fun day." She stomped all the way up to the front door. The worst part was the mom at the car pool lane looked at me and said, "Well, isn't she defiant." I just smiled and said yes she is, but I was furious inside.


Later that day, Michelle asked Kaylee why she did that. I could not believe her answer. She said, "Well, sometimes when I cry, I get my way." Nice. I guess I better work on that.

9 comments:

Diana said...

I just love it when strangers but in to a situation that is none of their business. It's one thing if they are being positive, it's a whole other thing if they aren't.

Corrine said...

i loved her answer... Bethany gets away with a lot when she throws her lips out and opens her puppy dog eyes...

MaryAnn said...

What a cute picture of Kaylee!

Anonymous said...

i love this story - you're a great mom and did the right thing, the other lady on the other hand....well maybe she just didn't wake up on the right side of the bed, or she did but it was a bunk bed and she just fell out!

lori parkhurst said...

That is pretty classic. Isn't it amazing the things that pop out of their mouths?!

Sue said...

That cracks me up. I hope it doesn't get worse!

Jen and Kent said...

You handled it perfectly...I might of had a few choice (sarcastic) things to say to that mom that I probably would have regreted later. Way to keep your cool, with Kaylee and the crazy lady!!!

Robin said...

ooo. I wish I would have been there and replied, "Aren't you rude!".

Tamzen Fleming said...

I also wish I'd have been there. I love to put rude people in their place. Well, so maybe it's good I wasn't there because then you'd have the reputation of having a defiant daughter and a crazy friend!;) Every kid has their day of defiance - you handled it very well.