Thursday, August 28, 2008

THE BIG QUESTION

Last night while we were reading the scriptures, Kaylee asked the BIG question. "Mom," she said, "How does the baby get into the Mommy's stomach." Oh, boy. Here it comes. What can I say that is easy, quick, and simpe. But before I could answer, she smiled and said,"I think I know Mom." Please Kaylee inform us all. "I think Heavenly Father and Jesus know who would be a good mom and they put the baby in her tummy. Am I right?" I gave her a BIG hug and told her she was exactly right.
As y'all know, Kaylee has been having a hard time going to school. But, she is doing SO much better. Everyday she has some story to tell me. Here are some of her latest:
- "When I am sad and missing you, I quickly say a prayer in my head and feel alot better. I actually miss you alot except when I am at recess."
- "A boy asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes because I didn't know what else to say."
- "Some other boys have also asked me to be their girlfriend and I said yes just to tease them."

14 comments:

Corrine said...

that is cute.

as an FYI the church website has a great calendar for "the talk" and what they feel is approriate to share at what age.

Kristin said...

Aubrey has asked that question, and I hope I have said the right things! I usually end up turning the question back to her and asking her what she thinks.

You should check out the book, The Kissing Hand, from the library. It's a good one for helping kids feel good about going to school. Those were some funny things she said!

R A C H A E L said...

the kissing hand is a great book. And Kaylee is a great girl. She is a sassy little thing. But she knows you love her. I think that is the most important thing, and I think it was really great that she just asked you about it. I never felt comfy asking my parents anything like that. You are a great Mom!!

bobbi said...

The principal read The Kissing Hand at our "Boo Hoo" breakfast on the first day of kindergarten for McKayla-- it is a very good book. Kaylee would like it.
As far as the girlfriend/boyfriend thing in 1st grade-- good luck!! Matt has a good country song he's going to sing to the boys that come for McKayla-- I'll have to ask him what it's called and let Warren know!!!!

Tamzen Fleming said...

Oh, that girl is so funny! I love to hear about your adventures with her!

Liz said...

That is pretty cute, Kim. I love their innocence. We get all nervous that this is going to be something terrible, and it ends up being something really sweet. Also, I love the list of Taylor's new words. That is so cute!

Emma Jo said...

What a cutie. I just showed Clark all of your girls and we were smiling at how McVey they look. They are so darling...and such cute personalities.
I seriously was just about to copy that quote that you have had in your sidebar and now its gone!! Would you mind e mailing it to me if you get the chance (the one about the wolves) ejscharman@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Rachel said...

Oh no, it starts already with the boys. That's what happens when you have such cute, and smart, girls.

Rachel said...

P.S. I have a great LDS book on how to present the "Birds and the Bees", if you want to borrow it, hopefully you won't need it for a couple more years.

lori parkhurst said...

Sounds like you got saved by her answer! I'm glad Kaylee is adjusting well to school. It seems like around christmastime they finally get used to being gone all day and sort of into the whole routine. I remember Baylor had a hard time too.

lori parkhurst said...

P.S. The kissing hand book has also worked so well with Baylor

Thunell Family said...

Your girls are so beautiful! I'm glad Kaylee answered her own question...whew! I'm glad to hear school is going well!

Sue said...

All I'll say is that you guys are in trouble with three cute girls like that. The boys will chase them so you'll have to have Warren teach them the "Johnson slip" and hope they're track stars.

lori parkhurst said...

The picture at the top of the girls is priceless! I just adore those three girls to death!