Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School - I am so Sad

It is fun to see your children grow up and become independent, but it comes so fast. WHY!! I can't believe Kaylee is in 1st grade and Nicole is going to PreK 4x a week. Last week was a really strange one. I felt like I was in a dream all week, trying to hold onto everything. I remember my mom telling me when they start school, the days fly by and time goes by really fast. Well, here we are and I am afraid it is true. It is fun to see how excited Kaylee is about growing up and being a BIG girl going to school all day, but I wish she was still at the age where she could play all day long. I know I have alot to look forward to, but for now I am going to wonder where the days went where Kaylee and Nicole had no cares in the world except for what they were going to pretend to be that day.


Here are some pictures from the first day of school and our fun party when they got home.

Outside the school ready for a fun day at school in her brand new outfit. She wanted a purple shirt and jean shorts.

Little Olie by her cubby.


BIG LOVES from Mom before she has to leave and cry all the way home. Nicole cried after we got there. She was alittle overwhelmed and did not want me to leave. I stayed until 2 other little girls came in and sat down next to Nicole. I wanted to be a little fly on the wall and see how she did. When I picked her up, she was happy and the teachers said she did great. They said she was pretty quiet, but had fun. When I asked her what they did, she said "Swing and Snack." No wonder she had fun - they did 2 of her favorite things.

Kaylee's brand new tennis shoes with little sparkles look so nice and clean. She was so excited about her brand new fashionable lunch box and Hannah Montana water bottle.
Kaylee and Ashley are in the same class again and they are sooooo excited. Kaylee has alot of friends in the class, but she is excited about meeting new friends this week. When I asked them about their first day, they said there favorite thing was recess, eating lunch, and playing their new game which was sitting on the playground, closing their eyes, and saying to the kids who came by, "I am ignoring you and we are not here." Sounds like fun doesn't it.
Taylor did not want to miss out on the craziness, so she found a backpack and lunch box to carry around.



Taylor and I made a banner that said, "Happy 1st Day" with Dora and Highschool Musical pictures. After school, we had a silly string war and the girls loved it!!

Taylor would walk around pointing the silly string can saying, "ZZZZZZ." She would look at it very confused because she could not get it to work. But thought it was HILARIOUS!!

After lunch, the girls had ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

YUM!! (Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches ROCK!!)

The day ended up being great. I got to spend one on one time with Taylor which she seldom gets and spend one on one time with Nicole while Taylor napped. It ended up being a wonderful couple of days with alot of little breakdowns from me, but they were tears of sadness mixed with happiness.

7 comments:

Jen and Kent said...

Your girls are adorable!!! 4 days a week for Olie...what a big girl! She'll do awesome and how great to have such great resources for her. She'll be a pro when it is time for Kindergarten. I love the party idea

Sue said...

Man oh man they are growing up. How exciting for Kaylee and Nicole both. I hope they make good friends and have a good time.

Nancy said...

I loved your post. Your girls are so big.

Anonymous said...

what a BLAST!!!!! It looks like you guys had SO much fun and to be able to celebrate the way you did the kids will be glad forever!!! What a great mom -tears and all :)

Liz said...

Kim, you put so much effort into your job as a mom! I am really so impressed! I like the party idea. I will have to remember that and borrow it. You're awesome!

Tamzen Fleming said...

Cute party idea. You put on a brave face with the girls and I'm sure it helped them to see that things will be okay. Good for you. You rock!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i love the silly string war--great idea! it is hard to send them away to school...but they need challenges and to grow and I guess we have to let them.