Thursday, June 12, 2008

Nicole's Visit to the Hospital

Last week Nicole had an MRI and hearing test. She was being put to sleep, so she couldn't eat her normal breakfast that morning - BUT, lucky girl got to have popsicles and gatorade that morning. We arrived at the hospital at 9:30 and Nicole did just fine.




She was actually pretty excited to sit in her hospital bed, color her Dora book that Grandma brought her, and watch Playhouse Disney. She was fine until the doctor came in. She must have recognized the scrubs. Poor thing went pale and her smile disappeared.



Warren went into the MRI room with her and I watched from behind the window. Warren held her hand while they put the gas mask on her face and gave her a kiss once she fell asleep. (This is what I invisioned her surgery being like, but no - that was a totally different thing!!) Warren and I than ate some lunch and just waited. About 2 hours later they came in the waiting room and said she was waking up. I went in the room this time and she looked so peaceful in the bed. She slowly woke up, but was grumpy. After about 15 minutes she wanted a drink of apple juice and a grape popsicle.




The rest of the day she was hyper!! I thought she would be lethargic and grumpy - but oh, no!! She didn't settle down until about 10 pm and had a hard time sleeping that night. We will let everyone know what the results are when we get them. It should take 5-7 days, so we will see. She is quite the trooper and we love her tons!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that everything went ok. I'm sorry - I didn't know about her test. You're a trooper mom!

Sue said...

Oh man...sorry Nicolie...hope all turns out well. Sue

jenn and flay said...

I'm glad you have it done and over with. I can't wait to hear the results. She is such a trooper. Go Nicole!

lori parkhurst said...

Good luck with that We love you Olie

Robin said...

I love the picture of you all where Warren is holding Nicole in bed. You are very good parents. Very good.

Rachel said...

She really had endured a lot. What a strong, brave girl!