Monday, June 16, 2008

Family Jeep Ride

Kaylee enjoying the sights of the mountains

On Friday, Warren borrowed a Jeep from his friend Andy and we decided to go on a ride in the mountains. We started to get the girls ready by moving carseats and getting drinks, and we slowly realized we now have 3 kids and there are 2 seatbelts in the back. We called our faithful babysitter Maddie and she was babysitting around the corner and said we could drop Taylor off with her. So, we were off and the girls were not very excited, but Mom and Dad were very excited.


Kaylee's lovely crusty!!


Nicole trying to look mad - it doesn't really work.
We drove up into the mountains passed the Broadmor in the Springs. It was absolutely beautiful!! I loved the pine smell and the sounds. It was so enjoyable, partly because the wind blocked the sound of Kaylee whining. After awhile, Kaylee decided that she actually enjoyed the ride and Nicole of course, warmed up very quickly.

Warren pointing out where we live and the hospital by our house.

We stopped a couple of times. Once half way up and another time at the very top. It was such a beautiful day and it was so much fun exploring what is in our backyards.
If you can't tell, I am holding on to a rock for dear life. There was a pretty big fall behind us.


Warren looks alot more comfortable than I did.

On our way home, we saw a Mommy deer and baby walking on the street. The baby was only about a foot and a half tall. It was so cute. There were cars pulled over everyhwere taking pictures. The girls loved it!!




I know I complain about the wind here in Colorado Springs and the cold weather in June, but on Friday I realized how fortunate I am to live in place where in 1 hour I can be in a place that looks so beautiful.

5 comments:

Tamzen Fleming said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I love rides in the mountains! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

SOOO Pretty! I'm glad you had such a good time. Warren is a good dad- he deserves such a fun day!

Diana said...

it's true--wind not so fun, but mountains and mountain sunsets are a good trade off.

lori parkhurst said...

How fun for the girls and you guys. We will for sure make it out there to see you guys.

Rachel said...

Looks like it was a great time! I bet next time the girls will be excited to go!