Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Winter Fun

We are one of those families that counts down the days until snow and ski resorts open. The girls love to ski and I am slowly becoming more and more confident on the slopes. This year, Nicole and Taylor took 4 ski lessons. It was so nice for Warren, Kaylee, and me. Warren would take the girls for an entire Saturday (4 Saturdays in a row!!), while I would hang out with Blake. The girls learned a ton during these lessons. They especially became more confident. Nicole can now get herself up when she falls and she can get off and on the ski lift!! Taylor no longer needs the edgy wedgy to help keep her skis together, and she can go down blues. Kaylee went down numerous blacks and double blacks with her Daddy.

We have got the best snow hill in our front yard. The girls love sledding down this hill. It takes so long to get them dressed in their winter gear, but they are getting older - so I don't have to do everything and they actually want to stay outside for more than 5 minutes.



Nicole would rather play in the snow and get snow all over her body than go sledding down the hill. There were numerous times I would find her sliding down the hill on her stomach. Crazy girl - that is cold!!


Taylor was so proud of herself because she finally figured out how to sled down the hill by herself.

Sledding was never one of my favorite things to do, probably because I grew up in the south and it didn't really work out too well. Since moving to Colorado, I have tried it again and it is a ton better. But, no matter where you live - the gear is the biggest pain of sledding. I hate putting it all on, taking it all off, drying it all off, and putting it away. I seriously dread it!!

The excitement on my girls faces does seem to make it all worth it despite the mud all over the floor when they come running inside.

No comments: