Aren't they CUTE!!
I told Warren to watch Coco because I think she found an animal. I than remembered the bunnies and told Warren to be careful because they might be in the pipe. Well, Warren lifted up some wood on the ground and found a tiny burrow. (That answers the question of where they lived!) He covered the burrow with a piece of metal and called Coco over to sniff it out. Coco wasn't interested. She wanted the pipe. So, Warren lifted up the pipe slightly to look into the end. And - you guessed it? Out slid the 2 baby bunnies from the other end. Coco immediately grabbed one and ..... The other bunny just froze scared out of it's mind. Taylor and I started screaming, crying, and yelling. Warren told me very firmly to get Taylor upstairs. Poor Taylor was crying and saying, "No Coco. No Coco!" and I got a little sick in the stomach.
I can't get the image of my little dog and that bunny out of my head. I keep thinking about the little bunny's brother or sister, trying to keep itself warm and being scared. Taylor keeps talking about the event and crying. She told everyone. On the other hand, Warren is pretty proud of his dog. Warren asked me, "Is Coco walking around very proud today?"
The other bunny has not shown itself since.
1 comment:
Oh that really is so tragic and sad. Poor bunnies (maybe some time I will share when my sister ran over a nest of dwarf bunnies on the lawn mower.) Couldn't Coco focus more on snakes perhaps?
Post a Comment