Friday, March 11, 2011

"God Bless America"

God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home.

(Nicole learned this song in school and it made a HUGE impression on her. She sings it all the time)


A couple of weeks ago was President's Day and I love National Holidays. It gives me time to reflect and think about the wonderful place I live. When we woke up, we had a flag in our front yard waving in the wind. Nicole was so fascinated with it and LOVED looking at it. The scouts in our ward got up nice and early to place the flag in our yard.

On this wonderful holiday, I would occasionally find Nicole outside admiring the flag. I was a little taken back by her admiration of the flag. I actually got emotional watching her look at the flag with fondness and reverence. I love living in this country and I feel so lucky to be raising my children in this blessed country. Many people have sacrificed their lives for this glorious country and I feel honored to live here.

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." ~Abraham Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA


2 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Ditto.

Jen and Kent said...

Love this post and love that cutie Ollie!