Friday, November 12, 2010

Oh - To be alitle Girl again....

A couple of weeks ago, Grandma Johnson came to visit from Utah and the girls were so excited. They wanted to wait outside for her, so they put on their jackets and climbed the hill in front of our house. Their little bodies couldn't handle the excitement. They were dancing, singing, jumping, etc. It was the cutest thing to watch.

Wouldn't it be great to have the energy and the confidence of a little girl?! When I am in the privacy of my home, I will sing at the top of my lungs, try and do cartwheels and headstands, and dance like a "silly " girl (as Taylor says). But, I would never do it in public like my girls do everyday of their life.

My prayer as the mother of 3 girls - may you continue to find joy in being yourself. May you have the confidence to sing when you want, dance when you feel so inclined, and never be ashamed of your excitement for being alive.

3 comments:

Hans and Michelle said...

Well said.

lori parkhurst said...

I love it! What great words of a mother.

Cumorah said...

So sweet. I have that same wish for mine...when did we lose that?