Friday, August 21, 2009

Summer Vacations - Family Reunions Part 1

I am finally catching up on all the blogging I need to do. This summer has been CRAZY and I have been busy, busy. I was also having too much fun at the pool and being outside to spend time inside blogging. But school is starting and I now have time to catch up. So be prepared for all sorts of "catch up" posts.

At the end of June, our family went to Heber, UT for a family reunion. We stayed in a FUN cabin with alot of bedrooms, a loft, attic, and BIG forest. The kids spent alot of time outside and we enjoyed the time together.

Silly Mischievious Taylor

This was a hit among the boys - Warren loved it!

Kaylee's favorite thing to do when she gets to a cabin or any overnight place is to set up her sleeping spot. She gets so excited about organizing everyone and making her bed with all the sheets.


Making our family flag - we were "The Black Diamond Dragons"



I never have thought Kaylee and I look alike, but we sure do in this picture.

Getting ready for a snipe hunt. Kaylee is concentrating so hard, and Nicole as usual drinks the water from the water gun.


General Grandma Johnson

Sweet little Allie loves bugs...



Our Johnson Army


Warren set up an obstacle course for the kids and my girls screamed throughout the entire thing. Kaylee was brave enough to show everyone what to do, but Nicole and Taylor weren't fans.


Ready for our Hike!!


Uncle Jim had a walking stick, so all the cousins needed one.




Kaylee using her compass.

We had some free time in the afternoon, so while Taylor napped we went to Park City. Nicole was blue from her slushy for the next couple of days.




Painting our Rocks...each child painted 3 rocks and than wrote a word on the rock that would help them remind strong. Kaylee wrote: angel, keep the commandments, and "I am a Child of God"

Nicole loves paint and for the first 10 minutes she painted her rocks, and than moved to her body. I wish I had a picture, but she painted her arms, hands, and legs green.
Silly girl!!

Someone else loves to paint her body.

Some of the sweet little cousins.

The cousins loved exploring the woods behind our cabin.


Poor Kaylee freaked everytime she saw a bug. When she gets a bug bite, it swells into a huge welt. SHE HATES BUGS and has a a good reason too.

Taylor loves rocks. Give her any type of bag and she will collect all sorts of things.

4 comments:

Emma Jo said...

The girls are stinkin cute as usual! and I love Grandma in the camo with ammunition slung over her shoulder! What a fun reunion!

Marianne said...

Looks like a fabulous time! Heber is a beautiful place.
Your girls are so grown up!

lori parkhurst said...

I am so glad to see a fun post! Looks like fun! It was a great reunion.

Thunell Family said...

Your vacation looks like so much fun! Your girls are precious!!!! I can't believe how much Nicole and Molly looks alike and Kaylee and you look so much alike (with Warren in there too)! Can't wait to see some more catch-up posts!! Thinking of you Kim.