Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kaylee's First Piano Recital

Kaylee and Miss Betsy

Kaylee had her first piano recital this weekend and to say she was excited is an understatement. She was THRILLED!! She invited everybody. Grandma and Grandpa came down and one of her best friends came to hear her play. I was alittle nervous because Kaylee gets nervous performing infront of people. At her first ballet recital, she came out from behind the curtain with her fingers in her mouth, head down, and just stood there. When she has to give a prayer or talk in church, she says it quietly and wants me with her. But, this was completely different. She marched right up to the stage, said the name of the piece, and played without any hestitation. I was a very happy mom and she sounded great. She worked very hard the past couple of weeks and I am very impressed that she could play both hands - memorized.

Kaylee played "Going Home" from the New World Symphony.



8 comments:

Thunell Family said...

Way to go Kaylee!

Piano recitals...I have many memories of them. So glad she did so well! She looks like a little doll to boot!

lori parkhurst said...

She did so great ! I am glad she is enjoying piano. Easton is still liking it too. He has a recital next week!

Sue said...

I can't listen to that song without singing the Little Einsteins words to it...Rocket needs a home...
Great job Kaylee!

Clinesville said...

Where did you get that skirt?

Lauren said...

How fun! Great job, Kaylee! I've been teaching Julia for the past couple of years, and she's responded well to it. But I'm very tempted to turn her over to a teacher - mainly because I don't want her to miss out on recitals. I have great memories of those (like sitting there in front of a whole crowd in silence, wondering what the next measure is...). Builds character.

lori parkhurst said...

I am so excited that you got front loaders too! You have wanted them for awhile like me! Ben told me the secret before your anniversary.I knew you would be so excited! I think it is fun that Warren surprised you! Don't you love how much you can fit in at once?

Jamie Lamb said...

Cute, cute girl! It looks like she had a great time!

We made our blog private. Send me an email if you would like an invite - lamb.jamie@gmail.com

MaryAnn said...

Good job Kaylee! This really makes me feel bad that Kimmee's lessons (by me) have been put on the back burner. But Kaylee's awesome playing has inspired me to do better!