Monday, March 9, 2009

Farrish - Winter Fun without the snow

Each year our ward goes up into the mountains to a place called Farrish. We went up there Friday night and played all day Saturday. There wasn't much snow this year so sledding was out, but it was still BEAUTIFUL and FUN.

Here is our little room. The girls love bunk beds and think a night away is a BIG adventure. On Friday night, we ate alot of food, played games, and laughed alot.

In the morning, there was so much food. It was delicious and my girls were in heaven. Breakfast is their favorite!!

I love this hat. Taylor loves to wear it even though it is way too big. It would fall down and cover her eyes, but it didn't bother her at all.

Love the cheesy smile Kaylee!!

Warren hates it when people try and get a picture of him, so if someone tries - this is what ends up happening. Isn't is lovely?

Nicole loves the outdoors and is in her element when she is outside.

Because of the warm weather, the corners of the lake were melting and the kids would stick stuff in the water. It freaked me out because I kept thinking someone would fall through.

Some of the kids tried to go ice fishing without any luck, but it was fun to drill a hole and try.

Kaylee and her friends spent the entire day sweeping the ice. They would sing, dance, slide, and worked so hard. Everyone got pretty burned from being on the ice all day.


Nicole kept falling on the ice and Warren would come to her rescue. She stayed pretty close to him.


There were alot of games in the lodge and my girls loved the dominoes. Of course, Taylor used the dominoes as a phone and Nicole loved to line them up.

On one side of the lake, there are huge boulders that all the kids loved to climb. They sat on the rock to eat their lunch, talk, look out over the lake, or just hang out.

Nicole hates messes and wants to clean all the time. People would track in mud and she would immediatley try to clean it up.


There was so much food. People brought up soup, cookies, bread, and other yummy treats. Our bishop spent the entire day inside making donuts and scones. They were so good and I ate so much food. The scones were delicious and I loved the homemade donuts. They were YUMMY!! Kaylee found the honey and someone gave her the idea to squirt it into her mouth. Later that night, she didn't feel so good and I am sure it was the combination of the sun, donuts, and honey.
I feel so blessed to be in such a great ward with so many great people. It is always fun to go someone overnight and my girls absolutely love it. I hope we can go next year and maybe there will be snow.



5 comments:

Emma Jo said...

It looks like so much fun. I love just getting away with my fam and good people.

Thunell Family said...

How fun! Your ward looks like they plan such great activities. Your girls are so cute!!!

Marianne said...

I'm so sad we werent' able to go when we were there last year...it looks like such a blast!

Glad you had fun! :o)

lori parkhurst said...

It looks like such a great time. I hope your foot is healing and you can get back to running on it. I am thinking about you. Hope you are doing well.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

a ward activity? I wish our ward did fun stuff like that.