Friday, January 9, 2009

NYC in November


In November, Warren and I went to NYC. It was a blast and I loved it!! I love NYC!! Warren had a conference, so during the day I would stay in bed, eat breakfast whenever I wanted, take long showers, walk around the shops, and sight see. Warren and I did do alot of sightseeing together like go on a bus tour, go to the top of Rockefeller Center, go to an ACDC concert, and see "Spamalot" with Clay Aiken. It was a great trip.



Warren has never seen Time Square at night and it was pretty amazing to him. He could not believe the crowds. After about one day, he was done with crowds and I loved it. I thought the excitement was so fun.

Warren and I knew AC DC was playing at Madison Square Garden, but we didn't want to buy the tickets online, so we got to the Garden at 5:30 and waited in line to get the "no show" tickets. It was pretty funny talking to everyone and seeing all of the diehard fans.





The guy behind us was from Scranton, Pennsylvania. So, we had to ask him about "The Office." He says people don't watch it - they don't like how they make fun of Scranton, but he thinks it is hilarious. After waiting 2 hours, Warren got a number saying he could go in and buy tickets. He was so excited!!



We made it in!! It was so funny seeing the variety of people at this concert. You had 60 year olds to teenagers screaming and shouting. The guy in front of us was playing air guitar, screaming, jumping, and constantly turning around to give us high fives. He was hilarious. It was definately an experience and they were very AWESOME!!


The next night, Warren and I saw"Spamalot." It was hilarious. It is based on "Monty Python:Search for the Holy Grail." Clay Aiken played one of King Arthor's Knights and did an awesome job. His voice was awesome and he was very impressive. Warren and I laughed alot that night and I always love to watch plays on Broadway!!




Some of our favorite parts were: (Brought back alot of memories of watching this movie in Highschool and College)
- "Bring out Your Dead - I'm not dead yet."
- "I fart in your general direction."
- "The Song that Goes Like This" - the love song in the show.
- Throwing the Cows over the French wall

Warren and I went on a tour guide of NYC and we had a pretty funny moment. We were waiting in line for a long time and I hate waiting in line. While we were waiting for the bus, a woman came and stepped right in front of us. She got right on the bus when it arrived. I said, "Excuse me. The end of the line is back there. " She just looked at me and rolled her eyes as she presided to get on the bus. I couldn't believe it. A few minutes later I was pretty embarrassed when she had the microphone in her hand and welcomed eveyone to the tour. I later apologized. Oops!





Rockefeller Center - The entire time we were there it was cloudy and overcast, but the buildings looked cool.



My good friend Randi from middle school and highschool came up and we went out to eat in Little Itlay. We drove around and crossed the Brooklyn bridge to go to the other side. Downtown NYC was beautiful at night. It was so much fun to see Randi Babe and her husband Justin. The minute we saw each other, we immediatley started talking like we used too. Neither one of us has changed at all.


On our last day in NYC, we went to the top of "The Rock", Central Park, the World Trade Center Site, and by the Statue of Liberty. It was such a great trip and I love NYC.


Top of "The Rock"


By the Stature of Liberty


Central Park

10 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

Looks like you had a great trip. I would like to see NYC some day!

lori parkhurst said...

Since I have gone private on my blog, it doesn't show my new blogs on your bloglist. When you sign into my account, you can read my updated blogs. But for some reason, when you go private it doesn't won't show that I have new ones. Does that make sense?

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

How fun that y'all got to go on a trip together!!! It was probably so nice for y'all to have some one on one together - Evan and I are really bad about doing that... :)

Justin and Randi said...

that is such a bad picture of me. I'm so glad you guys had a great time. Gotta love NYC.

Marianne said...

How fun! I love your pics and your recap of the trip.

I'm also turning green...I love NYC.

And I'm a Clay Aiken and Holy Grail fan too!

Brandalyn said...

I am so glad you guys had fun in New York. It is such a fun place!! Good luck with Nicole's therapy, you are such a patient mom, I admire you!

Lisa said...

You have taken so many fun trip. You are an inspiration to for me to see the world.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

what a fun trip! it is so important to have time away with your spouse...to laugh and have fun just the 2 of you. i'd love to just sleep in and shower long!

R A C H A E L said...

I have to correct you Kim. Its 'I fart in your general direction!'
(damon made me post that...)

again, jealous. I love new york.

Berly said...

Thanks Rach-for the correction. When I was writing it, I thought it might be wrong.