Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm Back!!

Life has been crazy!! And, I have been home from Utah for almost 3 weeks now, but this is the first time I have had to sit and do something for myself. I know!! It has been chaotic here. Here is a quick run down of the craziness:
- finishing up things for a super saturday activity
- speech for Nicole 4x a week
- making business cards and stationary for Warren
- planning the ward activity for this week
- the normal things of life
- sick children
- trying to catch up on sleep

Anyways, when I look back it doesn't look too bad - but for some reason, I could just not catch up.
Our trip to Utah was great and quick. We spent alot of time playing in the water cooling off. It was so hot. Nicole knee boarded and Kaylee waterskied. Warren tried to bare foot and it looked soooooo painful. Every time the boat stopped, the girls would jump in to cool off. I ran the Provo River Trail which was a BLAST. I never thought I would say that after running 9 1/2 miles, but it was beautiful!!


We went to Smithfield for the 4th and spent time with Warren's sister Sue. My girls call her house - "The Fun House." They love the toys, playset, trampoline, and creek by their home. Kaylee loves Uncle Mike because as she says, he likes to break the rules.

Uncle Steven (Warren's brother) is staying with us for about 3 weeks and it is fun having him with us. The girls love him and they love how he throws them around.


In the past couple of weeks, Taylor has really blossomed. She is hilarious and likes to get her way. She is talking alot more - saying Deyee (Kaylee), wa wa (water), ook or ca (book), da (done), mema (Grandma), uckle (buckle)and ont ookie (want cookie). When she gets her way, she looks at me with a goofy grin - like ha ha!! She loves to play with buckles, push things, and carry things around. She has also discovered ice cream and loves to ride on Daddy's motorcycle. Warren gives in everytime she comes up to him with those big brown eyes.





On our way home from Utah, we brought back a massive bean bag. Thank you Jenny and Jim for letting us have it!! Nicole loves it. She rolls on it, sleeps on it, jumps on it, etc. In fact, the entire family loves it. She is doing well with all of the activities and it has now become part of her daily routine. When I say, it is time to play our games - Nicole gets her toys and sits down. Sometimes she likes it and other times, she is not quite sure.


Kaylee is enjoying summer and wants to constantly play. She wakes up asking who can she play with or what are we doing today. She is a great BIG sister and does great with her little sisters. Taylor just brightens up when she sees her and Nicole is always asking "Where's DeYee." She loves doing cartwheels, handstands, and the monkey bars.


There is the quick update and I hope I now have time to blog.


13 comments:

Sue said...

Things looked fun! I didn't know that Warren can barefoot! Pretty cool...

lori parkhurst said...

Sounds like summer life! I love the last pic of all the girls climbing on you when you are trying to rest!

Jen and Kent said...

We are so glad your back! We missed you guys. I am sure we will see you back at the pool soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

It was great to go camping with you guys and glad to see you got a 'little' rest! :)

justin said...

When did you start running? and how is running 9.5 mile fun? please tell me how!!

Justin and Randi said...

Sorry I was logged in under Justin's account but It's really me Randi.

Rachel said...

I love the picture with the girls sitting on you while you "rest". That is so how it is sometimes.

Steve & Paula Leishman said...

great pictures. I love the one with the girls on you on the couch, sometimes it's just the way it goes!!

Robin said...

You must really be tired to sleep with all those monkeys on your back.

Miss you!

Thunell Family said...

Kim! I was so happy to hear from you! Your family is beautiful and I'm so glad I can keep in better touch with you now! Looks like you had a great time in Utah! Love you!

Emma Jo said...

Your oldest is so Jill that it is crazy to look at! You guys look like you had fun!!

Rumsey's said...

That looked like sooo much fun! Wow! I like y'alls blog. Fun to see what's going on!

bobbi said...

Good job running 9.5!!! Remember trying to run in Lincoln? Glad we are past that point, huh? Good summer memories you are making-- even though it wears you out!! Miss you guys--