Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Good Question

First of all - Kaylee is at the age where she thinks she is absolutely hilarious. She is constantly making funy faces and giggling. Of course, Nicole and Taylor think Kaylee is the funniest thing to walk the earth which is great for Kaylee.
The other day, Kaylee asked me a very good question. We were cleaning the kitchen and she was dusting in the piano room. She said, "Mom, why does Heavenly Father like it when we struggle?" I asked her where she heard that and she told me the other day while she was driving with Dad, she asked him why Nicole has to struggle with her speech and told him it wasn't fair. Warren than told her that Heavenly Father likes to give us struggles to help us. I guess the answer was fine at the time, but she than thought about it more. So, she asked me. I than explained how we all have challenges and struggles. If we didn't, how would we learn. I also told her when we struggle we are more grateful for the good times when they come. We talked for about 30 minutes on the subject. During the conversation, I asked her what she has learned from Nicole. She smiled and said, "how to be funny and silly. Nicole is funny and loves me." We talked about other children that might struggle with things and how she will have a better understanding.
It is amazing to me how little minds work and comprehend things. How grateful I am teaching oppportunities.

8 comments:

Sue said...

Wow...good teaching moment. It always amazes me when kids talk about the things bumping around in their minds, and their perspective on things. Kaylee's a sweet girl.

Brandalyn said...

I finally got some time to look at your blog. It was so fun to visit with you guys a few weeks ago. Like you said, hopefully it won't be so long next time!!

Robin said...

Thanks for dropping by tonight. It was just what the Doctor ordered. Your sweet family cheered us up and really did make Roland feel better.

lori parkhurst said...

How sweet Kaylee is for being concerned for Ollie. What fun that she is growing up.

lori parkhurst said...

How sweet Kaylee is for being concerned for Ollie. What fun that she is growing up.

Tamzen Fleming said...

I love moments like those! All your girls are so sweet!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

So fun to find your blog Kim!! Your girls are so cute and it was so fun to catch up on what's going on in your life. My blog is private but if you want an invite send me your email. My email is: evan.rebecca@gmail.com.

Liz said...

Kim, each time I read your blog recently, I am very impressed with the woman and mother you are. a part of why our kids ask these questions is because of the things they are taught. You must be doing a wonderful job!