Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Anniversary to ME - 9 years - CRAZY!!

Warren and I were married on May 1, 1999 in the Salt Lake Temple. I picked the day because I thought it would be easy to remember. Here are some pictures of our dating life, engagement, and wedding day.


Warren's dad was the 2nd counselor in my freshman ward bishopric and I loved him. He is the one on the far left with the jacket. This was the night I first noticed Warren. The Bishopric sang some old country songs for a talent show and Warren played the guitar. I loved his hair!!


About month after this talent show (March of 1998), Warren called and asked me out. He had also noticed me and his Dad set us up. It didn't take us very long to feel a connection and spend every day and weekend together. And about this picture, I can not believe I am wearing overalls. When you look back at pictures, 9 years ago looks like a long, long time ago.

Warren took me everywhere and introduced me to alot of sights in Provo. We would spend time waterskiing, hiking, and hanging with friends. The summer after my freshman year, I went home to Houston and Warren stayed in Orem. He came down to visit me and I came up to go on a vacation with his family. I remember spending alot of time on the phone that summer. We would talk every day.

In the fall, I went back to BYU and Warren and I continued dating after about a 2 hour break. I got alittle scared about the whole marriage thing, but I felt so sick inside after breaking up - I called Warren that night and everything was fine.


On December 1, 1998, Warren proposed at the La Caille Restaurant on a bridge. It was a wonderful night and I will always remember it. This is a picture right after he proposed.

Our engagement picture!!


May 1, 1999 - We got married early in the morning and the temple grounds were beautiful, especially the tulips. I remember being slightly nervous, anxious, and excited. Warren looked so handome. How grateful I am that Warren and I chose to get married in the temple. It was a wonderful day!!


Well, here we are 9 years and 3 children later. Life is great and I am so grateful for a loving, understanding, handsome husband. Heres to many more years.

8 comments:

bobbi said...

Happy Anniversary!! Loved all of the pictures-- Sorry about the Mavs, too. Jazz fans here-- hoping to pull through!! Next year, we should plan a trip to Utah when the Jazz play the Mavs!! It would be fun to see you guys again-- are you going to the AAO this year? Love that Olie is a toughie!!

jenn and flay said...

I love seeing all the pictures of you two. You both look so young. Happy Anniversary to you both, I can't believe it has been 9 years. Hope you are doing something fun to celebrate tonight.

Marianne said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary! I love the pics. The overalls are the best!

Rachel said...

What great pictures! I think I'll do the same for our anniversay on May 5th. It is fun to see how you've changed. What a fun time!

Lindsey said...

Happy Anniversary! That was fun to look at all your pictures!

R A C H A E L said...

AWWW! I loved your pics, and laughed when I saw you wearing overalls. Brightened my day. Tell warren I though of him when we hit the lake yesterday.

Robin said...

You are such a beautiful couple! Congratulations on 9 YEARS! WooHoo!

I love Warren's center part bowl cut. And you haven't changed one bit. Not one bit.

Emily Kikuchi said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love all the pics and your family is so beautiful!