Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Field Day

The entire school at opening ceremonies!




Yesterday was Kaylee's Field Day at Fox Run Park. The weather was beautiful -thank goodness!! I was alittle worried because as Kaylee says with an aggressive head tilt, "I do not like games." I told her if there was a game she did not want to play, she just needs to sit out - no whining, crying, or drama allowed. What do you think?


She actually did a really good job. She only pulled this face once. She sat out most of the games with another little shy girl in her class. She would be the cheerleader on the side for the ones playing.


Nicole and Taylor just hung out with me until we went to the bouncy slides. Luckily, they let Nicole go on some of them.



Nicole tried so hard to do this, but she is still not completely using her arm. Poor little Taylor was quite the trooper. She sat and watched most of the time.



It brought back alot of memories for me. I loved field day!! Especially the parachute games and 30 yard dash. Kaylee's favorites were face paint, bouncy slides, and running around with the parachute.

Kaylee and Kevin : Good friends. Kevin likes to help Kaylee when she is alittle nervous.


The best part about field day is seeing Kaylee with her friends and watching them interact. They are so funny. It is so fun to see your children make friends.

Ashley and Kaylee: Best Buds!! They are so lucky to have each other in class. They are both so shy, so it is great they have each other. They love each other soooo much.



3 comments:

Steve & Paula Leishman said...

Field day is the best! I'm glad Kaylee had fun, I know how she loves to play games, but at least she had fun being with her friends, and I'm sure not being in school was a bonus!!

Rachel said...

I'm glad the weather was nice! It looks like it was a fun day. You've got some cute girls!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

that's the kind of field day I remember, that is AWESOME!!!! Our school just did a few outdoor activities, no shirt, no nothin' I was bummed. Now I'm even more bummed b/c I see that other schools out there ARE doing cool thins.