Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Taylor wants to feed herself. Okay that is fine, but it makes such a mess. Most of it lands on the floor,but I have found it everywhere. At first, I thought maybe a spoon would distract her. NO WAY. She ends up taking my spoon and than food is everywhere. She also loves to throw her food and sippy cup. Kaylee and Nicole didn't do this. This is her routine:
1. Get in chair (arched back and grunts)
2. Mom lovingly puts food on tray
3. Taylor picks up a piece of food and throws it over
4. Once a few pieces are on the floor, the throwing begins
She does this with a huge smile on her face. I than try to spoon feed her. This will last a few minutes and than Taylor grabs for my spoon. Kaylee and Nicole laugh and I can't help but laugh, BUT it is driving me CRAZY. Seriously, what do I do when that cute little face looks up at me after her throwing fit? How could I get mad at such a cute face?

5 comments:

Nancy said...

ok, glad I'm not the only one. Jaron tosses his food on the floor all the time. It drives me crazy. Now he thinks it's funny to squeeze juice boxes because he gets sprayed on his face & hair. I try not to laugh so as to not encourage him. But yeah, Jaron will eat one bite, then toss one handful over the side, then squish a bite in his hand, then maybe eat it, maybe toss it. It's a mess, but I've noticed that painting our dining room orange was the best thing we could have ever done. It hides the food splatters so well!

lori parkhurst said...

What a mess! I don't remember if my kids did that or not. I can see how it makes you nuts. hang in there! Lori

The Titmi said...

THIS IS YOUR FIRST KID TO DO THAT?!? Man that is good odds. All my kids did that. Honestly you just have to take the food away for the meal but kepp her in the chair. Sounds horrible but she will get the point eventually if you don't let her eat snacks either. My girlfriend has a kid who consistently puts food in her ears and nose. Can't take those holes away!

Allison McDonald said...

i forgot our kids were so close in age. man...we need to bounce ideas off eachother more often.

Lisa said...

I glad you found my blog so I could find yours. I can't believe how big your girls are (plus another). We also have a child involved in therapy (ST & OT). It was nice to read about someone else's adventures in therapy world. I don't know what I would do without it!