Monday, February 11, 2008

Taylor's 1st Birthday


Well, our little Taylor is now 1. I felt kind of strange all week thinking about the past year and how much she has grown up. It was a fun day for the entire family, but I think Taylor was wondering what all the fuss was about. On the morning of her birthday, we had pumpkin and cinnamon pancakes with juice. Taylor loves pumpkin!! Taylor also got to take a bubble bath all by herself. She is normally splashed and rushed during her bath, so I think she enjoyed being in the bathtub all alone. That night, we had a birthday celebration with 2 other little ones who were turning 1. Taylor loved her chocolate cake. She wasn't quite sure of it at first, but once she took alittle bite-she dug in. When it was gone, she kept pointing to the cake and than to her plate, saying "This,This." The girls got Taylor a stuffed dog for her birthday and she cuddles with it all of the time. She has grown up a ton in the past few weeks. She is now cruising along things, climbing up and down stairs, copying us, and trying to talk. She is pretty petite only weighing 17 lbs and 27 inches long, so we will see if we can get her to put on some weight before her 15 month well visit. One of our favorite things to watch her do is stick her tongue out and buzz her lips. She is quite the feisty little thing when things don't go her way and it is hilarious to watch. We love her a ton.

6 comments:

Corrine said...

Hi Kim,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO your girls!

Welcome to Blogging, I love it. It has been a fun way to keep in touch with people as well as for me to journal and try to get some memories down.

come visit me at www.4kidsnodog.blogspot.com

I'll add y'all as a link on my page if thats alright!

Corrine

zippity-do-da said...

It is so great to see you and your family in cyber space. What a beautiful family!! I'm addicted to this bloging thing- it is my journaling, socializing, therapy. come visit us. baylesbunch.blogspot.com
Alexa

MaryAnn said...

Yay - I'm so glad you have a blog! I'm addicted to this - I don't post as often as I should, but I spend WAY too much time reading everyone else's blogs. :) It's amazing to me how alike our girls are! I sure wish we could get them together more often than we do... Love your site!

Emma Jo said...

How fun to find your blog!! Your family is so beautiful, I love the catching up!!

Nancy said...

I love your blog! Yay for bloggers!

lori parkhurst said...

Kim- Look's great The girls look so grown up. It's amazing how fast they grow! Lori Parkhurst