Saturday, July 28, 2012

Poor Jonah or Alex or Pink Baby

 If you know my Nicole, you do not mess with her babies.  EVER!!  She loves them like they are real and they do feel pain, according to Nicole.  We have had this baby since Kaylee was 2 and Kaylee called it "Pink Baby" because it wore a pink outfit. Nicole quickly stole it when she was 2..much to Kaylee's disappointment.  BUT, Nicole took such great care of it that Kaylee actually didn't mind.  Baby Alex, recently known as Jonah, is gently dressed and fed every day.  Actually he is wearing some of Blake's premie outfits.  Crazy!!!


BUT....look what happened to Alex.  A neighbor got a hold of it and ripped off his leg.  


Tears were shed.  Screams were shared.  I think little neighbor girl got a pretty good shouting.  I felt so bad for baby Alex.


Mom to the rescue.  Tape can fix anything and it did.  Now Nicole says, "Alex has a broken leg and needs to be loved."

When I was young, I thought my dolls would come to life when I fell asleep...just like in that book "Corduroy."  I know Nicole feels the same way because every night she puts her babies in their jammies, sleeps with them, and makes sure they are taken care of.

This just broke her heart....

1 comment:

AJ said...

I can relate to Nicole on this. I remember crying when my brothers punched in the face of my stuffed animal pig Wilbur (so original, I know) or were mean to my dog Patrick. And, even when in high school, I felt a little sad when a doll lost her arm when someone else was playing with her.