I know he is smiling in this picture, but it was really sad. He abused his poor little face.
This little dude always scratches his face, especially when he is sleepy. The other day I put him down for a nap and after about 15 mins, I heard him screaming. I kind of ignored it thinking, "Really!! It has only been 15 minutes. What is your problem?!" But, after the screaming went on for about 2 minutes, I decided to go in and check on him. And this is what I saw.
His face was bright red with blood, his crib sheet was covered in blood, and his fingernails had blood on them. He had totally bullied his precious, little face.
I felt bad for my sweet little guy - but all I could think was, "Easter is on Sunday and you have the cutest little outfit to wear. Now you will have lovely scratches on your face for the pictures."
I know - I know!! Pretty pathetic, but I spent a lot of time trying to find a cute outfit that matched with the girls and everything.
Blake now sleeps with socks on his hands, so he doesn't cause permanent scars. Which I guess is a lot better reason to not scratch your face .
2 comments:
Oh...that is so sad! Blake, why you gotta do that?
I'm glad he'll wear socks. That is just too sad.
I saw after it was healing and wow poor kid. Sorry we passed the scratching/picking gene.
Post a Comment