Saturday, April 28, 2012

Blake's Blessing


I am doing some serious catch up.  I forgot how much time you spend nursing a baby, holding a baby, etc.  But now that Blake is older, I finally feel like I have some time to catch up on some missed events.
On January 1st, we blessed Blake.  


Warren only allowed a few pictures of Blake with his hat on because Warren thought he looked a little odd.  I liked it.  He looked like a sweet little baby to me wearing a warm little hat, but Warren won and Blake was blessed without the hat.




Mollie and Paul came down for the blessing. Pat came for a quick weekend trip and we were able to go see "West Side Story" in Denver on Saturday afternoon while Mollie watched Blake.  It was a great show.  One of my favorites!!

It was a wonderful blessing and Blake was awake the entire time.  Apparently, his eyes were moving from side to side checking everyone out.  His eyes were pretty fixated on our friend Hans Egbert because he was wearing a white shirt that stuck out among the darker colors.  He didn't make a noise, but was very alert.


Warren took Blake home after sacrament meeting because it took us awhile to take Blake anywhere...in fact, we just started going to church as an entire family on Easter Sunday.  I was pretty protective because of his oxygen and premie status.

Anways, back to Blake's blessing.  Warren took some pictures of Blake when he got home.  Of course, Blake scratched his face..but he still looks adorable!!




No comments: