Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blake's 4th Month

Here is a quick update on my little guy who is now 4 months old!! First of all - look at those eyes!! They just make me so happy!!

Now look at this smile...doesn't it just make you smile?!

Achievements:
14 weeks - staring at hands and starting to grab at everything!! Including big sisters hair!!
14 weeks - He has started to cry when I leave the room. He also wants to look at people all the time. When Warren is holding him, he gets sad until Warren turns him around so Blake can look directly at him. Sometimes, when I am in the shower I have to sing to him because he can't see me. He will be crying and crying, but when I start singing - he stops and starts looking around for me. This distracts him long enough for me to get a quick shower.
17 weeks - Rolled over again 3 times in a row from his stomach to his back.

Blake's sisters are so anxious for him to start playing with toys and he is starting to get some what interested. Most of the time he would much rather be held, talked to, sung to, bounced around, etc.

One night, Warren had the brilliant idea of putting Blake to sleep in his car seat. He was too squirmy for his bouncer and his acid reflux made sleeping on his back really bad...so Dad to the rescue. We decided to put Blake to bed in his car seat and he slept from 11pm-6am. He also took longer naps. Once again, I broke my rules. They always say don't do anything that can lead to a bad habit. But, I just decided to do whatever worked and would worry about fixing it later. And guess what - I now sleep and more importantly Blake sleeps and his acid reflux is basically non existent.

Love these moments - especially the anti bacterial lotion

Here are some quick stories about Blakers:
- This actually happened a couple of times - He squirms so much that while he is sleeping, he squirms out of his pants. I go in to check on him, and his pants are down at his ankles.
- I don't know why I don't have a picture of this, but we gave him his first haircut at 15 weeks. Warren did not like the mullet in the back - so he shaved it off. He wants it to grow in one length. He did keep the top long so we put it in a little Mohawk. I will take a picture of it soon because it is adorable.

Blake decided this month that he doesn't want a binky or bottles. This makes things very interesting. I am now trying all sorts of different binkies and bottles trying to find one he will take.
Blake loves music!! When he is either really sleepy or wide-awake, Blake is always humming and cooing. Warren loves to come home and just get Blake giggling with silly songs. One time we were in the car and Blake was screaming. We turned on "Moves Like Jagger" and he stopped immediately.

At the end of this month, Blake was 22 inches long and 11 lbs 9.5 oz.
We sure do love this boy!!

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Krista slept in her carseat for the first 6 months. We were moving and it was her only consistent bed. And she's fine! Blake is adorable - I can see a little bit of Kaylee in him.

Emma Jo said...

So stinkin cute. It's fun to know that someone that makes such adorable girls can make handsome boys too! :)

Cristina said...

Blake is soooo cute!! I can't get over those big beautiful eyes! BTW, Jackson slept in his car seat for months and he transitioned to his bed just fine later, so I'm sure Blake will be fine. And most importantly he's sleeping better and so are you! :)

Sue said...

So Cute! I agree that sometimes breaking rules is worth it. I slept with Nate for the first few months because it was the only way we could both sleep. I thought it would be hard to break him of the habit, but it wasn't. They are only this little for a little while. I am so glad you are enjoying him and he seems to be sleeping better. I can't say it enough...so cute!