Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Programs

I love cute little elementary school programs. Although the girls school doesn't do anything for Halloween, they DO something for Thanksgiving.
Nicole had a cute little program where everyone dressed as an Indian or Pilgrim. They sang songs like "This Land is My Land, This Land is Your Land," "I'm a little Turkey," "God Bless America" (YAY), and "10 little Indians." I was very impressed and pleased to hear the class sing songs that might be considered Taboo.
After we sang, we had a pie feast with Apple Cider. YUM!! Nicole wanted me to make a strawberry pie to share with the class. It turned out just fine considering I made it up with the help of Robin and have never made one before in my life.


I LOVE NICOLE'S TEACHERS!! AND THEY LOVE HER A TON!!

Kaylee had a Native American Day to celebrate Thanksgiving. It was wonderful!! Kaylee dressed up as a Native American (YAY - we already had a costume!!) and wore a necklace her Grandma brought her from Peru.

Kaylee learned how to make an Apache Door, she played some Indian Games, and made a moccasin. We also had a Native American Feast in her classroom - yummy jerky, cornbread, pumpkin seeds, dried fruit, and an assortment of meat.

The boys and girls than each took a turn as a group to recite a very long poem called, "The First Thanksgiving."
I am so grateful that Kaylee and Nicole got to recognize this holiday at school.

No comments: