Sunday, May 23, 2010

MOAB FAMILY REUNION - PART 1


This year for our annual Johnson Family reunion we went to Moab, Utah. We camped (actually slept in cabins...), went off-roading, played with cousins, went hiking, ate yummy food, and learned about our ancestors. I always love being with family and the girls love playing with their cousins.

The place we stayed was perfect! It had a swimming pool, playground, and a little deck outside the cabin. Each morning after breakfast, the girls would play with their cousins on the playground until it was time to leave for the days events.


The first event was a jeep ride/rock crawling on Hell's Revenge. The girls loved it!!

Taylor would clap her hands after every exciting bump or incline. She loved going up the rocks...






Jenny is a pro at jeeping. I thought it was so funny to watch Sue and Jenny try and lead the way (it was very hard for them to sit back and let their husband do the driving). They KNOW how to rock climb. I was the only girl that wasn't too anxious to drive the jeep.


We almost were high centered...but Warren can always figure it out.


Here is a question for Nicole...What is your favorite drink? ROOT BEER!! She loves it!!



Taylor loves to give LOVES!!! She gives a tight squeeze and says," I wuv u."

There are always some interesting obstacles along the way and this is one. Kaylee was brave enough to climb down and get back up. The pictures don't do this justice. I was a little sickly looking over this hole.

Right behind Kaylee is a HUGE drop. IT MADE ME VERY NERVOUS!! I only let Kaylee out because I could visualize Nicole and Taylor falling down to their death. Now that I think about it, why did I even let Kaylee do it?


When the girls would need a break, we would get out and let the girls wonder and explore. Warren is determined to find a fossil so he would tear apart all the rocks searching for lost treasures. While he was searching, he ran into a scorpion. It ran away very quickly, so the girls couldn't see it.

I love my girls imaginations. When the days activities were done, the girls would make dinner out of grass, leaves, sticks, mud, and flowers.

No comments: