Thursday, June 18, 2009

It is officially summer at our HOUSE!!

(This is one of the many BEAUTIFUL pictures Rachael took of my girls. More to come very soon!!)

The signs are here at our house. We (meaning all the girls in the house) are sleeping in until 7:30 or 8am, we are in our PJ's until 10, I don't shower until 3pm because I have too many other things to do like swimming, gardening, cleaning, walking, biking, laying around, etc., the girls are fighting and screaming one minute and than they absolutely LOVE each other, we are outside at night until 8:30pm talking to our neighbors or just sitting, my laundry is PILING UP, I am behind on my blogging, and my house is full of sand, dirty fingerprints on the windows, and toys that are pointless to put away because they will be back out in 2 minutes.
I have finally adjusted to the CHAOS of summer. After school ended, I went through a couple of weeks of feeling BLAH. I was excited to have my girls home, but couldn't get motivated to do anything and the days were slipping by. But after an awesome trip to Vail with my sweetheart, I feel great and SUMMER HAS OFFICIALLY ARRIVED!! I guess in a couple of ways I am like my daughters and need alittle time to adjust to a different routine.

YAY FOR SUMMER!!!

Here are some of the lovely faces of summer so far:

My neighbor pointed this out to me and we could not stop laughing. Cocoa is such a good dog to let Nicole dress her up in Taylor's baby hat.
Cocoa and Nicole have a love/hate relationship!
Going potty outside - CLASSIC!! She loves this cowgirl hat!

Reading naked on the couch. LOVE IT!!

Kaylee found this baby bird egg on the lawn. It is her Summer Treasure.
The Ouches of Summer - skinned knees, nose, chin, and bruised ear. Bike accident...OUCH!! I am sure there are more to come.
Pool Fun - almost. We have gone to the pool twice, but the air is still pretty cold. Don't you just love my GLAMOUR GIRL Kaylee. She picked out those sunglasses, hat, and coverup.
Movie Nights with friends!! - FUN, FUN!!

4 comments:

Thunell Family said...

Your summer chaos fun sounds familiar...it must be universal. The photo of Chic Cocoa cracked me up! Nicole is hilarious! I can't wait to meet your three precious girls...they're just like their mama!

Hans and Michelle said...

Thanks for doing the movie night!! Glad summer has made it to your home too. And that the "blahs" are over.

Cristina said...

Isn't summer great?!? Wish we lived closer so we could enjoy summer together! Your girls keep getting prettier and prettier!

Dani said...

your girls are so cute!! can you have kaylee (sp? sorry) come pick out an outfit for me to wear to the pool? i love your pictures they are adorable!