Saturday, May 16, 2009

Moab FUN!! Spring Break-


Spring Break in Moab this year was a BLAST. We went with some good friends and this year, there were no accidents. YAY!! When we pulled into Moab, we saw the BIG RED DIRT HILL and we couldn't resist. Warren has always wanted to let the kids out to run around, so this year we did. I wish I would have taken a picture of Cocoa in the dirt because it was hilarious. She loved it and was filthy dirty.

Taylor loved this!! She laughed the entire time -


DAY 1 - CRACK CANYON

The first day we went on a hike around Crack Canyon and Goblin Valley. The girls loved walking around climbing into the various spaces and finding fun paths that led to interesting formations.


Sweet Little Tired Taylor


Everyone warn out from hiking - After hiking Crack Canyon, we went to Goblin Valley. Taylor crashed in the car from exhaustion, so Warren went exploring with Kaylee and Nicole.


DAY 2 - JEEP FUN!!!

This was the day Warren was looking forward too. He was SO excited. Everyone in our group rented jeeps and we were on our way to "Hell's Revenge."


Kaylee was alittle nervous at the beginning so Warren let her drive for awhile. Kaylee LOVED being in control and it calmed her nerves. We than turned on some music which immediately got the girls excited and relaxed. So, there we were driving on the rocks of Moab listening to "Spectacular," "Hannah Montana," "Phantom of the Opera," and "Highschool Musical."

John " Look - No Hands"

Warren found an obstacle, so everyone got out of the jeeps and watched Warren go down this CRAZY obstacle. He was such a HAPPY guy. And it looked SCARY!!

Kate and Kaylee - taking a lunch break

This was a BIG step for me. A couple of years ago this would have freaked me out - but I did fine and actually enjoyed driving.

A bunch of TIRED little girls -
DAY 3 - SAND DUNES
I was alittle worried when we woke up because it was alittle chilly and windy. I was afraid the weather would make the kids have a miserable time- but that was not the case. The kids LOVED it and I did to. It was a fun time. We had lots of toys - quads, motorcycles, Rhino's, etc. The girl's favorite was our friend's Rhino and I had a great time riding in my Quad. I can't believe how fast that thing can go, especially when Warren is driving.


On the way to the Sand Dunes, we took wrong turn and ended up off-roading with trailers. It was not a highlight of the trip - it was a high stress situation with trailers getting scratched on the bottom, kids getting jerked around and freaking out.

Taylor loves "cysles" and had a hard time realizing that she had to take turns.


I would distract her by putting her in the dirt and letting her play in the lovely red dirt that was on everything. I think I found dirt for weeks and Kaylee thought it was hilarious how she would blow her nose and red dirt would come out.

The girl's going on a ride.

One of the girls many rides on the Rhino.


Give Nicole a bowl, spoon, and dirt and she is a happy little girl for a very long time.

I loved these pictures of Kaylee picking "flowers" in the fields.

3 comments:

Robin said...

This looks like such fun! After seeing your hair this morning and your hair in the picture of you driving the jeep (cutie pie) I don't think you should cut it. So pretty.

lori parkhurst said...

It looks like you had a great time!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, that looks like so much fun! never been to Moab, but it looks like you have to have the toys when you go.