Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My New Foot Wear

Isn't it BEAUTIFUL!! It really isn't that bad. It is black and there has been no snow to creep into my toes.

About a week ago, I woke up with a pain in my right foot. I thought, "Maybe I need to change my running shoes. It will work itself out." So, I ran 5 miles and did yoga. Pain still there, so I did yoga on Tuesday. Woke up Wednesday, felt ok - so I did my tempo run and ran 4 1/2 miles. Woke up Thursday - pain still there and I went to an Ultimate Conditioning Class. It was alittle tight, but not to bad. By Thursday night, my ankle was swollen and the top of my foot was pretty sore. Friday I felt better and got on my work out clothes to go to the YMCA, but after walking on my foot for 30 minutes - it was extrememly swollen and HURT!!! So off to the doctor's I went and I found out I had a very tiny stress fracture and torn ligament. OUCH!! I left the office with a lovely ace bandage and big boot, but it feels sooooo much better.

Now I get to sit inside and look at the beautiful weather wishing I could be running or atleast walking around. I have also realized something about myself. I love to exercise and I need it. It is my outlet and my way to let go of stress. So now what do I do? I like Tamzen's suggestion. I could do "Sit and Reach" with the cute little ladies on TV. I don't think I am there just yet.

There is an upside to this story - I am officially a RUNNER. I have never considered myself athletic and now I have my first sport's injury. Who knew? Kim is athletic and I am a runner.

YAY FOR ME!!

9 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

I hope your foot fells better soon!How long do you have to wear your boot?

R A C H A E L said...

Yes. You are a runner. So please please please take care of yourself so you heal properly. It is a small thing, but if you don't take are of it, it won't be small for long. You tore a ligament and BROKE YOUR LEG. Take your pills. WEAR YOUR BOOT. I don't want to come over and see it off and you hobbling around. Take care of yourself. Call me if you need anything.

If anyone could pull off the boot thing, its you!

Jamie Lamb said...

Those boots are pretty attractive! Hope you heal fast and get back to running.

Sue said...

That's a bummer Kim. I'm sorry! I hope it heals fast and completely. Good luck fighting the need to excercise...don't worry, it goes away in time...just look at me!

Anonymous said...

you need to STAY OFF YOUR FOOT!!!!! We are all here to help you - we want you to go have a blast in Moab = be kind, don't rewind! ok, that was gay but you know what i meant.

Nancy said...

Hmmm... I guess it's time to take up sewing or something until your foot heals. Bummer that you can't run right now, but make sure to let it heal!! Sure love you!

maynardmoments said...

Hooray for being an official runner!! You know you are a runner, when you are sad when you can't run. Most people would cheer with the news that they needed to lay off for a while. Stress fractures are so painful. Hope you heal quickly, good luck!

Hans and Michelle said...

I always knew you were a runner. You didn't need a boot to prove that! Stay off it. I agree with Rachael. WEAR THE BOOT!!!!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, if you run that much on a hurt foot, you ARE a runner. Most of us will accept small setbacks as a reason NOT to excercise:)